Standard 7

Educators engage in professional learning.

THE WHAT

During the four week practicum, there were a number of opportunities that allowed me to learn more about teaching while enabling me to self-assess my own learning and understanding to help my growth. Whether it be during professional development, self-assessment, or recognizing my own shortcomings and problems, I learned a few more things about the profession as well as myself. Talking with other teachers or using the point-rubric reminded me what I need to do to become the best teacher that I can be.

THE SO WHAT

This experience and my own thinking reflects this standard as it allowed me to reflect more about myself and how I teach. As a result of many different experiences throughout this practicum, it helped me recognize what it takes to be the ideal teacher. That we sometimes need to be more willing to step outside of our own comfort zones while bringing more of “Me” to the job and profession.

THE NOW WHAT

I learned quite a bit about how we should properly teach our students and the importance of incorporating more diverse tools and experiences into our classroom. In regards to the question of “where to next”, to be totally honest… I’m still thinking about it.